Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2005 jeep wrangler x 6-speed is this transmission the nsg370?? I just put royal purple synthromax in it and wanting to make sure its ok

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes the synchromesh fluid type is the is what it wants.
i feel sorry for anyone who gos to a lube shop and they put the wrong type in.
the jeep shifts like crap, i got the jeeps first fluid change at a lube place and they put some kind of atf in, it felt like crap driving it.
i looked threw the book to find the fluid type but it's the only one missing. i found someone elses post on here saying to use synchromesh fluid, so i did because it couldn't be any worse then it was after the lube place.
wish i could get royal purple in canada, so i found pennzoil synchromesh for 15$ a bottle, put it in my jeep and it shifted like the day i got it again, yea!!

i guess the hole point of the message is the 6 speed needs a synchromesh fluid type, if a lube place does it for you ask if they have it. or do it your self.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K thank all of you for your help, just put 2 qts of the royal purple synchromax in it. See how it goes, just wanted to make sure the 6-speed called for the synchromax

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohh another thing i only torqued the fill and drain bolts to 17ft lbs to be safe. Ive heard that these nsg 6-speed are bad about cracking when putting in the fill plug more than 20. Which i believe 20 is max 14 is minimum. I have no leaks so far

1 - 7 of 7 Posts