Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i have 4.0 I6 91 yj. I have a missing part and need to know what it is called so I can order it, its make a hell of a mess. On the Valve cover there is a Valve..Maybe known as the PVC or PCV valve and its supposed to have a hose from there to the air cleaner box. Well The previous owner must have lost it or somthing and it has a 410 shotgun shell on the valve and now it spews oil everywhere.. So if anyone knows a direct link or how to find this. Please help

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
it is just a hose..best I remember it is 3/8 inch..just measure about how long you need and then take your valve to an auto parts store..get an oil resistent hose of the proper diameter and length...when you show them the valve they will know what you need...my auto parts store sells it by the foot and it wouldn't hurt to get a little more than you think you need cause you can always cut it off

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
If the valve cover end has a valve, it is a pcv (positive crankcase ventilation) hose. If there is no valve, it is a crankcase ventilation (ccv) hose.

You can stick any hose that fits and map it to an old bottle and just empty that every few weeks (it'll fill with oil). It has to release excess crankcase pressure. If your rings are going, they will add way too much cranckcase press and cause lots of spray to come out that hose. Do not map it to drain on the ground, this is bad for several reasons.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
pcv should go to the bottom side of the throttle body or to the intake so it is under vacuum because that is what opens the valve..the breather hose goes to the air cleaner box so that the engine burns it

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
The air intake at the back of the valve cover goes to the steel vacuum line asy and on to the air box. The pcv at the front of the valve cover does the same thing to the vacuum line assy and then dumps into the TBI. Check it all out no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts