Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2012 Sahara and bought a premium soft top from 2013 Rubicon. The top seems to short I can't hook it and on top it's a 1/4 inn gap. The back seems real high to pull under back. I know new tops are tight but not like this. I'm using my hardware does anyone know if premium top has different hardware than the Sahara top I t with jeep.
Is the top adjustable?
So frustrating!!!
Any help appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Mine was off by that much in the back. My son pulled down on the rear bow while I tucked the corners in. It got a lot looser after a few days in the sun.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
My front did not look like yours when latched.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2013 soft top and when I go to put my top on I occasionally have to push the front bow forward till I hear a click. Then I semi latch the front. Then pull down on the back bow to put on the corners and take a look around to make sure everything is on place then latch it down. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Big Fran is right my back was like that as well. In the pic is the front of your top latched you do not want this, just open and hooked. On top of your rear door is your top resting in the track and hooked around the guide pin

·
Registered
552 Posts
Make sure you open the front latches fully. They operate like a clamshell. Pull seat all the way forward for leverage. And push on header bar when clamping

But before you do that, get your side windows in.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do I need the new door frames or can I use my old frames it seems the doorjamb doesn't want to work correctly. I never picked up the new door frames from the buyer so this is why I'm worried. He seems pretty honest so I think I'll be a will to get them from him if I need them

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Latches are fully opened I feel like newby again lol l last year when I bought it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Do I need the new door frames or can I use my old frames it seems the doorjamb doesn't want to work correctly. I never picked up the new door frames from the buyer so this is why I'm worried. He seems pretty honest so I think I'll be a will to get them from him if I need them
If your door frames have the Sunrider latches you should be OK

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Looks like the cable in the top is on the wrong side of your door surround in your last pic.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I did the same thing 2012 Sahara bought a 2013 premium soft top this spring. It was a serious beating to get it all in place latched the first time.

Do it in full sun on a hot day and if possible get someone to help. As mentioned earlier it took me getting a healing hand to get it in place till it stretched out.

Your door surrounds look right, but your cable/top is not lined up correctly. Make sure the middle latches (for the Sunrider portion) are latched correctly first, looks like one may be off creating the problem at the front. Then get some one to give you a hand pushing forward while you latch. Then go to the back and have some one pull down so you can slip the back corners in place. Leave it on for a couple of days to stretch out before you undo it. You may have trouble with the side window zippers as well. I did. But everything works great now after it stretched out.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone finally 2 hours later top on. The premium top is TIGHT. It will need to sit in sun to stretch.

I pulled the bow down which gave me room I sure hope that doesn't need to be done each time. I hope it goes on as smooth as my other one, it really I nice top

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Thank you everyone finally 2 hours later top on. The premium top is TIGHT. It will need to sit in sun to stretch.

I pulled the bow down which gave me room I sure hope that doesn't need to be done each time. I hope it goes on as smooth as my other one, it really I nice top
I was just going to respond that mine was also that tight and I literally was hanging from the sail panel to get it tucked in the first time. It's been on 3 months or so and through some hot weather but it's still pretty tight. I half latch the front clips and then have to really pull down on the sail panel with one hand up on the rear bow to get it to stick in there. Side windows, back window, and then fully latch the front. Premium top is really really nice and part of the reason is it's so tight. No flapping at any speed at this point.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks good! I love the premium top.

Mine is still tight, but it goes on without a problem now. (I guess I've had it 4 months?) It will take a while before it gets easy to latch the front latches though if your's is like mine.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good! I love the premium top.

Mine is still tight, but it goes on without a problem now. (I guess I've had it 4 months?) It will take a while before it gets easy to latch the front latches though if your's is like mine.
Thanks
Mine will be tight for awhile as I never have it up unless I need to. This summer has been terrible up here in Canada. Cold and rainy 😢

·
Registered
208 Posts
Here in Texas the best top off season seems to be the fall. Less rain than spring and cooler temps. 107 is really not that fun top off for me, hard top on for July - August and back to the soft top for the fall. Hope you get some great weather soon!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts