Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im buying my baby 2007 X this week. Thank you for your comments!
Does anybody have comparisons between the 3 piece freedom top and a soft top? which is easier? pros? cons?
Are there any cons with having the power convenience group?

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Don't have any first hand with the new 3-piece top, but from having a Samurai and Tracker in the past... soft tops are better than what you may think... but I'd go for the hard top and buy a soft top later as doing it the other way will be more expensive.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The hard tops are hard to find and take a while if you order it with one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have had no issues with my hard top and enjoy the versatility of it. you can always go with the dual top package.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We ordered the X 4 door with a hard top. We were told it would take 8 to 10 weeks. It arrived in only 3. We have had the front two pieces off, not the whole thing yet, and are really enjoying it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 Jeep X 4-door with soft top. I didn't want the bother of storing the hard top in the summer. This winter the 4 door was warm and the wind noise was not a problem at highway speeds

·
Registered
529 Posts
There is a long wait for the Freedom Top

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
We ordered the X 4 door with a hard top. We were told it would take 8 to 10 weeks. It arrived in only 3. We have had the front two pieces off, not the whole thing yet, and are really enjoying it.
you got lucky

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not ordering

Thanks for all the feedback boys!!!!!!!!
Im not ordering online - a dealer is selling it - 2007 X - hard top ...question - it has the nicer alum wheels does this make any difference on the ride? yeasss im a female.
it also has the power package - auto windows, alarm - if i buy a softtop down the road- will the alarm work with it?? hmmm
they're asking about 24,500 - of course im going to negotiate that - but is that a good price?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Smile Not ordering
Thanks for all the feedback boys!!!!!!!!
Im not ordering online - a dealer is selling it - 2007 X - hard top ...question - it has the nicer alum wheels does this make any difference on the ride? yeasss im a female.
it also has the power package - auto windows, alarm - if i buy a softtop down the road- will the alarm work with it?? hmmm
they're asking about 24,500 - of course im going to negotiate that - but is that a good price?

·
Registered
274 Posts
ok i have both tops for my 2 door and i recently put the soft top on and it has some better features than my 97 did but the rear window is a pain in the a$$ to roll up or even get the lower portion out, on my TJ you just opend the tail gate and pulled it out on th JK there are flaps you have to und and get the bottom peice out if the body rail and the way you have to secure it if you roll it up is stupid. why couldnt they leave that the way it was? id say so for hard top now and buy a soft top later if you want. the hard tops are nice cause of the freedom panels, way better than reg tops

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2 door - is that a decent price?

(24S) X Quick Order Package 24S
Includes vehicle with standard equipment, 4.10 axle ratio, 4-speed automatic transmission, 16" x 7.0" aluminum wheels, 2 front and 1 rear tow hooks, air conditioning, cloth seats with adjustable head restraints, courtesy lamps, driver seat height adjuster, fog lamps, full length floor console, leather wrapped steering wheel, P245/75R16 BSW all-terrain tires, speed control, external temperature display, compass and underhood lamp.
(AJP) Power Convenience Group
Includes remote keyless entry, remote security alarm, power windows and 1-touch down front windows.
(CLC) Front Floor Mats
(DRY) Next Generation DANA 35 Solid Rear Axle
(MRK) Tubular Bodyside Steps
(RC9) 6 Infinity Speakers w/Subwoofer
(XJH) Fuel Filler Cap
Includes locking fuel filler cap.

they are asking 24,500 - 2 door

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry about all the questions!! appreciate all the input!!! want to make sure im making the right choice!

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
does anybody have an idea how much the taxes and other misc fees would be? not financing
TTL - Tax, Title, License is usually around $350. Don't know about the sales tax rate. I don't think you all have Property taxes in FL do you? I know you don't pay state income tax. Not sure about property tax.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts