Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to jeeps and such. I bought my 2010 wrangler a few months back and I've noticed some noise coming from the rear. It was lifted from the previous owner and all I know is they used mainly skyjacker stuff. The rear control arm on driver side has tons of left and right play as well as lateral play. I'm not sure if its the joint that need to be replaced or if the whole arm needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
510 Posts
With all the movement you are describing; I would guess the joints needs rebuilding, but without pictures its hard to diagnose.
If you have a camera and an online photo account; you might want to post a few pictures of the offending control arm and one that is not making noise so that members can help you diagnose.

·
Registered
367 Posts
With all the movement you are describing; I would guess the joints needs rebuilding, but without pictures its hard to diagnose.
If you have a camera and an online photo account; you might want to post a few pictures of the offending control arm and one that is not making noise so that members can help you diagnose.

Grab each control arm and give them a shake to localize the source, it's either the upper or lower arm... Get a flash light and check both ends of the joints of the arm. More than likely one of the joints came apart and is just sliding back and fourth on the bolt that holds it to the frame when you make turns. This happened to me, as long as the bolt is in you will be fine I had to travel on vacation 500 miles like this just take it easy till you can get a replacement part. I would say it's the joint, no need to buy a whole new arm. Try and find more out about the lift and maybe even give skyjacker a call who knows maybe they have awesome customer service like rock krawler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts