Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 sport in the north DFW area.

The interior of my wifes jeep was extremely dirty so I decided to remove the carpet and interior plastics and clean them. Now I put everything back together and try to drive it but I get nothing. I did move the transfer case lever when the car was in park (auto trans) and off in order to remove the front half of the center console. when i removed the front half of center console, i lifted the gear indicator light, turned it 90 degrees, faced it down and then just lifted the front half of the center console. did the opposite to reinstall. transmission seems fine (I can shift)

it seems the transfer case is stuck in neutral. however, my 4wd indicator light is on. the jeep is currently on an incline (front higher than rear)

PLEASE help ASAP as she needs to drive her jeep to work on Monday

Thank you very much

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the t-case linkage popped off. Go underneath and check it out.
will do in morning. exhausted now. the tcase lever is to the point where if i try and move it any more, i'll break something. will report back.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I always have to give my jeep a little rock back and forth to get my t case back in gear when not running. How is the jeep staying on the hill? Park brake? Try letting the jeep roll slightly while putting the t case back in gear.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like the t-case linkage popped off. Go underneath and check it out.
this is more than likely a stupid question but the linkage is in this post, correct?

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/tcase-linkage-question-75751.html

I always have to give my jeep a little rock back and forth to get my t case back in gear when not running. How is the jeep staying on the hill? Park brake? Try letting the jeep roll slightly while putting the t case back in gear.
the jeep is on the hill care of the parking brake. i will try that.

will report back.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Okay am a little confused here...but it doesn't matter. Lets try these few things.
1) Start Jeep, with foot on brake pedal shift to reverse. SLOWLY release Brake pedal.
(assuming you are parked on slight up hill incline front higher than the back Jeep should roll backwards slightly) understand that it is the gravity and not the jeeps power making it move.
2) Only release the brakes enough to move just a little and VERY SLOWLY, and at THE SAME TIME try to push down on the Transfer case shifter. (this should get you into 2HI)

3) Assuming that you are in 2HI than stop and shift into drive and go forward a little. (a couple feet)

4) If everything is good congrats.....if not yeah something may have come undone....IMO the linkage and what not for the TC and Tranny shouldn't have done that but it is possible. I suspect it is in nuetral on the TC and being "difficult" to shift back into gear.

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got it figured out guys. i am back in business. thank you for your help!

i am not sure what happened with the transfer case but i was fooling with it and it went where i wanted it to go (2HI)

for the transmission. the linkage (on the left) did pop off. popped it back on and i can shift.

too bad i took the whole skid plate off to get better eyes on what was going on under the car!

thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts