Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting a ride from a friend and hearing his two 12" subs and my head almost exploding from them being so loud, I decided to go to best buy and look at subs. I have NO knowledge of any of this stuff whatsoever, and ended up walking out with a Kicker ComS 10" Sub and a sub enclosure box. I am wondering if I can just hook this up using the wire from the factory sub. I have already removed the factory sub and the casing around it, and the wire is still sitting there. I have no knowledge on this kind of stuff so any help would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sadly its a bit more involved than that.
You will need an AMP to really get that sub to provide any real sound.
So from the head unit (assuming its stock) you will need a Line out converter to get the signal from the head unit to an AMP.
From the AMP, you will run speaker line to your subs.
From the battery, you will require a amp wiring kit to power the amp.

its a slippery slope. its not just a matter to replacing the stock sub. You can try to hook up that new sub to the old line, but without knowing more details of your current jeep or that old sub, its unlikely to provide the sound that you would be looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sadly its a bit more involved than that.
No kidding. It isn't hard, just time consuming (somewhat) to do it correctly.

I am doing something similar to my son's JK and will post the parts and procedure I will follow this weekend...after turkey...and a nap. 😋

There are some semi-detailed posts here and (gasp...😬) "other Jeep forums) but I haven't found them detailed sufficiently for a newbie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts