Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Jeep enthusiasts..

My boss asked me for a favor selling his rag top from his Jeep Sahara...he can't remember exactly but he thinks it was possible off a 2008-2010 model. Can anyone offer any insight as to which model Jeep this cover comes from? Are they of any value anymore? They are never used, just dusty from being in storage - he said someone at the dealership told him it could probably go for around $1,000.00. I'd really appreciate any insight anyone can offer, thank you.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
95,820 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

Reactions: SolarPro

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hello Jeep enthusiasts..

My boss asked me for a favor selling his rag top from his Jeep Sahara...he can't remember exactly but he thinks it was possible off a 2008-2010 model. Can anyone offer any insight as to which model Jeep this cover comes from? Are they of any value anymore? They are never used, just dusty from being in storage - he said someone at the dealership told him it could probably go for around $1,000.00. I'd really appreciate any insight anyone can offer, thank you.

View attachment 4503932 View attachment 4503933 View attachment 4503934
Well, Is it a 2 dr or 4dr ? for pricing check Wrangler Forum Buy Sell Trade Forum.. click on Forums and scroll down - also, check Craigslist for your area .. 2 in my area the asking price was 450 and lower. Good luck finding a JK owner looking for a factory soft top.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Black twill top with all the hardware in new condition may bring $1000 from the right buyer. The standard top goes for about half that. The top pictured is standard top. The year matters since they aren't all the same. The door surrounds and roll bar brackets aren't in the pictures, if you don't have them the price would be considerably lower. Like Jay said, look at craigslist in your area and see what people ask for a standard top.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Can't nail down the year exactly, but it is an older (4 door) top. The newer ones are the twill fabric I believe while the older ones where the shinier vinyl looking ones.

·
Registered
2015 Anvil JKUR Hard Rock.
26 Posts
By me they are 500 to 900 with everything in the box. And there are about 6 out there. Like someone else said.....this is the lower end top.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, Is it a 2 dr or 4dr ? for pricing check Wrangler Forum Buy Sell Trade Forum.. click on Forums and scroll down - also, check Craigslist for your area .. 2 in my area the asking price was 450 and lower. Good luck finding a JK owner looking for a factory soft top.
Thanks for your help Jay, it comes off a 4 door - this info will help me give him some realistic expectations lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black twill top with all the hardware in new condition may bring $1000 from the right buyer. The standard top goes for about half that. The top pictured is standard top. The year matters since they aren't all the same. The door surrounds and roll bar brackets aren't in the pictures, if you don't have them the price would be considerably lower. Like Jay said, look at craigslist in your area and see what people ask for a standard top.
Ahh okay yes that's why they are going for lower, looks like I came to the right place -- thanks for your help I really appreciate it. Sorry I have no idea what the door surrounds and roll bar brackets even look like he may have them in storage but I'm not sure - how much do they cost?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't nail down the year exactly, but it is an older (4 door) top. The newer ones are the twill fabric I believe while the older ones where the shinier vinyl looking ones.
Thanks for the info Bob - do you know if it this would fit 2008-2010 model? Or did they change them over the years

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By me they are 500 to 900 with everything in the box. And there are about 6 out there. Like someone else said.....this is the lower end top.
Ahh okay thanks that definitely will help me advertise it at a more realistic price point -- thanks for taking the time to help me out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ahh okay yes that's why they are going for lower, looks like I came to the right place -- thanks for your help I really appreciate it. Sorry I have no idea what the door surrounds and roll bar brackets even look like he may have them in storage but I'm not sure - how much do they cost?
Here is a top with the door surrounds included, but I don't see the roll bar brackets. You can price them on Quadratec or any of the online vendors.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Thanks for the info Bob - do you know if it this would fit 2008-2010 model? Or did they change them over the years
That's definitely an early model jk top. I know in the later years they changed the mounting system to a spring assist system. That one doesn't look like it has it so I would GUESS 2008 to 2010 to be in the right neighbourhood.

The one they have depicted here:
they CLAIM will fit 2007 to 2018 and I know that to be wrong because it won't fit my 2017 which has the spring assist mounting system

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's definitely an early model jk top. I know in the later years they changed the mounting system to a spring assist system. That one doesn't look like it has it so I would GUESS 2008 to 2010 to be in the right neighbourhood.

The one they have depicted here:
they CLAIM will fit 2007 to 2018 and I know that to be wrong because it won't fit my 2017 which has the spring assist mounting system
Yeah this one definitely doesn't have any spring assist - I guess in my advertisement I'll just say it came off a 2008-2010 model and leave it at that. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out with this I really appreciate it. From all the information I've gathered here from you folks, seems like with it being an older, standard model without the roll bar brackets or door surrounds we are going to be pretty far away from his $1000.00 price tag lol. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in this around the $250-$300 price range?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts