Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was replacing my ignition lock cylinder and then was going to replace my ignition switch so after I replaced the lock cylinder, I thought I would remove the entire shroud from the steering column to get easier access to the ignition switch. Well, I removed those four bolts under the plastic assembly that all the wires go to and the shroud wouldn't come off all the way, so I tried to get it to slide back down the column into position and it is stuck too far out.

Note: In the meantime I dropped the column like I should have done in the first place to replace the ignition switch so that is taken care of.

So now I am trying to get the shroud to slide back down into position and it's about two inches too far out to get those four bolts back into place. It seems like it's hanging on something.

All help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, I was replacing my ignition lock cylinder and then was going to replace my ignition switch so after I replaced the lock cylinder, I thought I would remove the entire shroud from the steering column to get easier access to the ignition switch. Well, I removed those four bolts under the plastic assembly that all the wires go to and the shroud wouldn't come off all the way, so I tried to get it to slide back down the column into position and it is stuck too far out.

Note: In the meantime I dropped the column like I should have done in the first place to replace the ignition switch so that is taken care of.

So now I am trying to get the shroud to slide back down into position and it's about two inches too far out to get those four bolts back into place. It seems like it's hanging on something.

All help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!
Any luck? Having issues to remove mine I did not see 4 screws just 2 also I did notice tabs that have to be intertwined when I gave up and screwed it back

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pictures?
Tks for the replay gave it another crack and turn n just hemanned it off not too bad but found the pesky screw that was giving me trouble . On my jeep 00 TJ 2.5l there are 3 screws 2 right up front and one in back which was impossible for me to get to . Tks again!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts