Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 JK the tire light came on for low tire, started vibrating to the point that i couldnt control the steering wheel..thought i might have had a flat but no sign of even a low tire..Hazards and interior lights starting comming on on their own.....what could this be

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check Battery for loose connection. Or your clock spring is bad like mine. 2 years now and I have one on order. Now the wipers do whatever they want and so do the headlights.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Id say check your battery, the terminal may be loose/the battery is going bad. If the battery is going bad, itll cause mass chaos in your rig. If you have the tools, try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

If that doesnt fix the issue... you could have a bad TIPM

·
Registered
1 Posts
Definitely sounds like DW. This happened to my 08 JKU for the first time about 6 months ago after having the tires rotated. Fortunately it was just a slightly bent wheel. Once that was corrected I got a balance and alignment and no death wobble since... 🤞🤞

·
Premium Member
8,330 Posts
Definitely sounds like DW. This happened to my 08 JKU for the first time about 6 months ago after having the tires rotated. Fortunately it was just a slightly bent wheel. Once that was corrected I got a balance and alignment and no death wobble since... 🤞🤞
That situation is actually called a shimmy not DW. DW is not speed sensitive and not tire/wheel related.

·
Registered
765 Posts
And how do shimmy or DW cause hazard and interior lights to just randomly come on? *boggle*

Was any sign of an issue prior? Did this all start at once? Do you have a Check Engine light?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts