Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a new system, fairly large, but I got it for cheap. 2 kicker 12in comp s and a kicker amplifier with 4g wiring. Have everything hooked up, but when I go to plug the battery cables back on...it blows the 80amp AFS fuse in the glass tube in the power wire. Now this is a new set, never used before. Why would this fuse be blowing over and over? The power wire is not damaged, the ground wire has a clean connection and the speakers work fine(so there is no short there) any ideas? Hopefully someone can help! Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If it blows instantly that is either a bad amplifier or a bad ground. Make sure the cables arent sliced anywhere and touching anything. 80amp fuse is pretty big too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What Slowstag305 said...bad amp or bad ground.
I had a similar issue when I hooked up a new amp...although the fuses directly on the amp popped. I went directly to Infinity about it (even though I purchased from a cheap-o electronics site) and they replaced the unit without question. New amp works great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts