Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor ended up in some a sticky situation :p He went to make his around these pine trees, when he sunk straight into some jello-like land. His front loader and back hoe could not lift him at all as they sunk straight into this mess. So, not only did I get to help pull him out, but he was amazed to see me pull him through a large collection of muddy water!!

Gotta love your jeep <3

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
who is stuck in that water? the pic is deceiving as it gives the appearance the white jeep is stuck and the little backhoe is getting him out

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
yup.

·
Registered
450 Posts
who is stuck in that water? the pic is deceiving as it gives the appearance the white jeep is stuck and the little backhoe is getting him out
I had the same impression...but then again I was having a little trouble translating.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Mmhmm... spray pattern on the second pic, and rear tires in the first pic tell a different story. They seem to imply that someone spent some time in mud, spinning their rear wheels in reverse.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are reading way to far into this. I'm not saying a dragged the tractor, all I did was use the good ole' slingshot method to get him far enough out of his ruts to get moving again. The splatter from reverse is from getting out of the little way I dug myself in after reaching the end of the strap and continuing to pull. I am not trying to look like Super-Man, I just thought that some of you would appreciate the fact my Jeep played a BIG role in getting this guy out...CHEESE & CRACKERS!!

·
NASCAR JEEP!!!!
470 Posts
rock on justin! good job!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
please dont shoot.... but what is the "slingshot" method?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vielen Dank! (German for "thank you")

This was a good way to find out if I did a good enough job replacing my water pump, ha!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you use a tow-strap to pull someone, when you take off at a moderate speed and reach the end of the strap it has a little bit of give, like a rubberband, so not only do you get the tug of the strap reaching the end, but when it stretches that little bit it wants to return to normal shape which gives even more "OOOMPH!"

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have seen them break doing that too. Saw one someone tied to a hitch and when it broke he couldn't untie what was left.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
best way to slingshot is with an old tire and two tow straps. Put the tire inbetween the two straps and the tire flex will work the same way without taking a chance at breaking anything. Learned that trick from a neighbor once when my mustang was sitting down to the frame front to back.

oh, and great job helping out!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
sorry for causing so much anxiety in the thread, i was just noting that the pic looked funny. i was not trying to say you were lying or anything like that.

i think i ruined your thread because i was the first person who commented in it.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
First post was hard to translate as there were misplacement of words and a sentence fragment. Aside from that, GREAT JOB helping him get out of the mud!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Busemans, not a big deal at all! I had just arose from a nausea filled night, and my grammar was (we will say) a "little" off ;P You did nothing but point out my clearly flawed wording, don't sweat it!

Also, I really like that tire idea as far as pulling someone! But I was safe using the twelve inch wide and about one inch thick tow strap, haha! I could pull the Statue of Liberty down with that thing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts