Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2018 JLU Sport S and swapped the wheels/tires for a brand new take off set (200 miles or so) from a Gladiator Rubi. I was reading 37 PSI all 4 corners, so I held down the "ok" button for 3-5 sec. Now I no PSI reading and a service TPMS warning. Any fix for this without going to the stealership?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've tried airing up to ~37psi on all 4 tires + the spare and driving 5-10 miles above 20 mph. And still nothing 🤦‍♂️

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,071 Posts
We have a 2018 JLU Sport S and swapped the wheels/tires for a brand new take off set (200 miles or so) from a Gladiator Rubi. I was reading 37 PSI all 4 corners, so I held down the "ok" button for 3-5 sec. Now I no PSI reading and a service TPMS warning. Any fix for this without going to the stealership?
I've tried airing up to ~37psi on all 4 tires + the spare and driving 5-10 miles above 20 mph. And still nothing 🤦‍♂️
Since these are takeoffs, are you sure the seller didn't take out the sensors before selling them? It's not uncommon to install the sensors in your new wheels and then sell the OEM wheels/tires.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Any other plans (Mods) being contemplated? If so, You may want to consider something like a Flashcal (which you will need if things like lift, larger tires,etc)
You can then simply "Turn Off" your TPMS function.
or
IF you have a decent relationship with a tire store they can wave their magic wand and tell you if they are still in there or not.

* Maybe He has driven farther and the reset/reread has occurred.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you were reading 37 psi, good chance you still have sensors else you would have read nothing.

You held down the OK to relearn the sensors which zeroed them out of memory. Now you need some way to reprogram them in. If this was a GM I know how to do it without a tool, but on a Jeep you got me. You may have to go to a local tire shop and ask them to use their tool to make the sensors sync to your system.

I would assume FCA did not pick some new frequency for the TPMS system and its just a reset. And no don't go to a dealership unless you want to pay the 'hook it to the computer' charge.

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,071 Posts
When I swapped my wheels all I did was mount the new wheels and go. Never hit any buttons or anything. The Jeep learned the new sensors all on its own instantly.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
When I swapped my wheels all I did was mount the new wheels and go. Never hit any buttons or anything. The Jeep learned the new sensors all on its own instantly.
It's been a couple days - Perhaps his has as well. Mine took almost my whole trip to work last time this was an issue.... that was close to 30mins/30miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts