Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing Rancho 2" lift and in the front I can't get the track bar bolt on passenger side to line up and get the bolt through. Off about a half inch. This issue is with it on the ground to try and torque it down and move to the back.

Put it back up in the air and still won't line up. Help!

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Installing Rancho 2" lift and in the front I can't get the track bar bolt on passenger side to line up and get the bolt through. Off about a half inch. This issue is with it on the ground to try and torque it down and move to the back.

Put it back up in the air and still won't line up. Help!
Put it back on the ground and have someone turn the steering wheel in the appropriate direction just enough to align the holes. You'll need to watch and instruct them which way to steer and when to stop.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jacked up tire on the opposite side and it all lined up. Bolt through, back on ground, all torqued up. On to the back. Thanks gentlemen

·
Registered
61 Posts
That will work too....i just installed an AEV 2.5" kit yesterday and had the same dilemma. Had my 11yr old jump in the Jeep and turn the steering wheel and it lined up right away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you over torque the bolts for the track bar and lower mounts on the shocks? I torqued the bolts to spec, but it doesn't really seem tight enough. I still hear a knock, metal on metal clank sound when I go over a curb like entering or exiting a driveway. I don't hear it on the road and it only seems to happen on the front.

I am thinking it has to be either the track bar still not being tight enough or maybe the lower shock mounts not being tight enough so it rattles over a decent size bump.

I disconnected track bar and lower control arm bolts last night, shook the heck out of the jeep and re-torqued. Definitely reduced the wandering or loose front end and centered the axle some. Both front and back now only off about 1/4"

Just want to get rid of the clank and I will be a happy man

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Can you over torque the bolts for the track bar and lower mounts on the shocks? I torqued the bolts to spec, but it doesn't really seem tight enough. I still hear a knock, metal on metal clank sound when I go over a curb like entering or exiting a driveway. I don't hear it on the road and it only seems to happen on the front. I am thinking it has to be either the track bar still not being tight enough or maybe the lower shock mounts not being tight enough so it rattles over a decent size bump. I disconnected track bar and lower control arm bolts last night, shook the heck out of the jeep and re-torqued. Definitely reduced the wandering or loose front end and centered the axle some. Both front and back now only off about 1/4" Just want to get rid of the clank and I will be a happy man
Can't really over toque the track bar bolts .. I mean you can but unlikely. 125 is a good amount. Shocks bolts (75 ft lbs) It's possible. I've ruined threads and had the nut lock up on the bolt. Had to be cut off :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts