Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought my 2019 JL Sport home yesterday. Today tried to take care of a few minor things like getting the garage door opener on the Jeep to work, disabling seat belt ding, and finally getting rid of the horn honk when you lock your doors. Everything went fine until I got to the door lock issue. I followed the instructions I got on this website, but it didn't take. Then the horn started one of those panic honking modes (at least that finally stopped) and now I can't start the Jeep - message says the key fob can't be located! Now what? What did I do wrong? I can't even start it. Help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK. Posted too soon. Went out and tried to start the Jeep again. This time instead of starting right up, it went to ACC and then I pushed the button again and it started. Don't know if that's a problem - will wait and see. But I still can't program the remote not to honk the horn when I lock the doors.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
The horn bit on lock is in settings not some magical key sequence. I have a Rubicon but I am certain that I have changed this on Sport JLs. What have you been doing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
On the console, start the car, in the Settings, there's a section with checkboxes:

[x] Honk on 1st press of lock
[x] Honk on 2nd press of lock

You can disable the 1st honk

That's what we're talking about - right?

Mine starts on the first press of the starter; not sure what's going on there...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the console, start the car, in the Settings, there's a section with checkboxes:

[x] Honk on 1st press of lock
[x] Honk on 2nd press of lock

You can disable the 1st honk

That's what we're talking about - right?

Mine starts on the first press of the starter; not sure what's going on there...
Thanks Chriswitt. I'll check out the settings. If anyone does a search on this site or a Google search for disabling horn honk when locking doors, you'll find that the only thing they show is holding down lock button then holding down panic button at the same time. Don't know what the deal with the Jeep not starting right away, but I have to go to the dealership tomorrow so I'll check with them. Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts