Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving around with a leaking axle seal for awhile now.
Not too confidant doing it my self although it looks fairly easy with the right tools.
Still tossing around whether to just have a shop do it or not :rolleyes:

Any local peeps willing to help/give me direction ?

Also ..... I had one u-joint replaced, I really should replace the other as well. Depending on the day and time, maybe do it as well.
This is not all that important, so if time is of the essence. No big deal.

Lunch ? Beer ? The satisfaction of meeting the one and only KJeeper :D

Please let me know. Weekends are best but if I need to, i can use a vacation day.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hey Now, kjeeper!

I have a bad front u-joint that needs to be replaced, too. I haven't touched a u-joint since my dad and I did a driveway drive shaft job back before Carter was president... :eek:

I may talk to my mechanic to see what kind of a price break I can get, if only to spare most of a day and all the cussing, sweating and barked knuckles--my castle nuts don't look like they're gonna budge thru the rust. OTOH, I should try a wrench fest, first, as it will save coin. Besides, I suspect it would be easier for two to muddle thru the process, and misery loves company. :D

When are you thinking of a wrench fest? Throw out a couple of days (Friday or Saturday works best for me) and I'll check with SWMBO about our social calendar.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Oh! Oh! I want to meet the keeper!!!

I'd help if you wasn't out in Egypt. We'll.....err so far away.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've never done one but have a lot of tools and would be honored to work on the Kjeeper's Jeep! I'm probably the closest to you! Are you going to the meet in Vernon this Saturday? I will be there.

·
Super Moderator
53,782 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
We are renting the pavilion for 3-6. Not sure how long we will stay after that. We can swim till 6 when the lifeguard leaves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts