Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing my Warn M8000 and it did NOT come with the three nuts and (lock?) washers to bolt on the power lines to the motor case. I cannot find anything that size in my junk boxes. I need these tonight, if possible.

Anyone know the exact size?

Also, the install booklet references instructions that are separate for the contractor box. I did not get these, either. In fact, the install booklet is so devoid of info that I suspect I am missing more literature.

Further, it shows nowhere in the info that I *do* have on how to install the contactor box to the winch frame. I am assuming that you simply remove the hex cap head bolts on that side and then bolt on the bracket to the housing. Is there a torque spec for these cap head bolts?

The winch is mounted to the plate and the plate to the frame just fine. I had the torque specs for these fasteners. I don't understand why they did not include these parts and better instructions, seeing how so many people are so litigious these days and winching is dangerous. I actually expected something like "The Idiot's Guide to Winch Installation" to have been tossed into the box, but I have pretty much zero information beyond the torque specs I listed and winching guides in several languages. Not even a parts list or a packing inventory list were included. This was in a factory sealed Warn retail box.

Anyone? I will be checking back for the nut size periodically tonight from work so that I can try to get to Home Depot before they close.

THANKS! :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
238 Posts
You must be missing some paper work. I'm pretty sure all of the warn manuals are on their site. (Parts, install instructions and safety)

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You must be missing some paper work. I'm pretty sure all of the warn manuals are on their site. (Parts, install instructions and safety)
Yep. And parts.

Anyone know the size of the three nuts for the contractor box (not the older solenoid). I am unable to do any sort of research from work. Just quickly checking my phone during a rehearsal can lead to being docked pay if I do it more than a couple of times and the Operations Manager catches me. Since we sit only ten feet from one another in rehearsals he *will* bust me.

I will have *maybe* 15 minutes to get to Home Depot and search for and buy the nuts before they close.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,381 Posts
No guarantees but from what I can tell, try M8x2.25 or M8 x 1.25 for what holds the cables to the motor depending on its serial number.

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No guarantees but from what I can tell, try M8x2.25 or M8 x 1.25 for what holds the cables to the motor depending on its serial number.
Just picked up some M8x1.25 nuts and some lock washers. Perfect fit. I *finally* have a winch!

Thank you, Jerry!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts