Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
washed the rig today, and noticed i broke something i imagine while wheeling...

help, i don't know what it's called...

the plastic decoration under the bumper thing... one of the plastic screws/grommets broke off... the decorative thing is fine, but hanging lower on the passenger side..

what do i buy to fix it? plastic screw/grommet? what size?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol... seems like it would fall off with less than a kick. i like the look though want to fix it

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright, found it! it's the AIRDAM... schyeah! duah.. now, what size screw?? plastic?

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
You need part number 06502625.

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
I took mine off on purpose.:whistling:

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Not a hero but you are welcome. I have some spares. Send me a PM and I will mail you one.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I modified mine so all I do is just use 4 bolts with wing nuts. They are so easy to tear off off road (I've done it 3 times). With the wing nuts it's easily removable when you go off road. If I rip it off one more time I'm done fixing it tho

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Removed mine as well.
Easier to see the big, painted pumpkin that way.

·
Registered
876 Posts
washed the rig today, and noticed i broke something i imagine while wheeling...

help, i don't know what it's called...

the plastic decoration under the bumper thing... one of the plastic screws/grommets broke off... the decorative thing is fine, but hanging lower on the passenger side..

what do i buy to fix it? plastic screw/grommet? what size?
Air Dam for fuel mileage I guess. I ready to find a skid plate to replace it. I like the Rugged Ridge best so far...

Rugged Ridge 18003.30 - Rugged Ridge Front Skid Plate for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

50 Something

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
876 Posts
i appreciate all the feedback and generosity. i will eventually upgrade the damn air dam [lol] when i swap out the bumpers for a winch model.. RR makes some nice stuff for sure.
It's only a $$$$ thing for me... LOL

RR is making the bumpers in aluminum now, so you must check them out!

Light Weight Aluminum XHD Modular Front and Rear Bumper - Quadratec

Still waiting for them to get the exact same items as the steel ones. Not real sure, but I think this is the same as being "RAPED"!!!

50 Something

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they are sweet!

i love the smitty bumper with the stinger... looks wise.. but i'm weird. i'm likely going to pull the trigger on the mopar bumper. ..i'll keep the factory fog [a must for me] the winch is recessed so the engine will still get air... AND they're not much heavier than the OEM. in a world of everything mod, i like practical, economical, useful and stock looking. i like to be different

[i do own RR tube doors/mirrors tho]

Attachments

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble but the Mopar bumper you are referring to weighs much more than the OEM bumper.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Can't get in there to work on the goodies as easily with it on. It would probably make a better snow sled than do any good on your jeep

·
Registered
157 Posts
I ripped mine off on the trails too and never bothered putting it back on...only difference I notice is the hood wobbles more on the highway

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hate to burst your bubble but the Mopar bumper you are referring to weighs much more than the OEM bumper.
you're right. my bad.. but in comparison to some other options... the weight isn't so bad. i'm not suggesting i won't smash it up on rock either :whistling: i do like the idea of keeping the air bag sensors functional too

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
you're right. my bad.. but in comparison to some other options... the weight isn't so bad. i'm not suggesting i won't smash it up on rock either :whistling: i do like the idea of keeping the air bag sensors functional too
Air bag sensors?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts