Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im looking to pick up a black wire mesh grill insert for my 14 JKU.. Can anyone recommend a nice quality one? There are tons on ebay but before pulling the trigger maybe someone can point me in the right direction.. Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Here is another vote for the Rugged Ridge mesh grill insert. I have it on my JKU and it looks like it could have come on the Jeep from the factory. I bought mine on EBay for around $50.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
X4! (Mike and I each have one. :D)

I painted Mike's insert to match his SpiderWebShade, which I think looks cool.

We also lined the back of both of our with some window screening, to keep out the smaller bugs and rocks. We've had them on for over a year and it causes no issue with temperature. Couple other guys here on the forum have tried it, too, and they are happy. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rugged Ridge ones say they wont fit my model. I hace a POLAR... :( I guess because I have black inserts from Jeep in there now?
Mesh Grille Insert, Black, 07-15 Jeep Wrangler (JK)

MSRP $68.99

This gloss black mesh grille insert screen fits 07-15 Jeep Wranglers. These will not fit the Polar, Dragon, Altitude, or X trim packages.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Rugged Ridge ones say they wont fit my model. I hace a POLAR... :( I guess because I have black inserts from Jeep in there now?
Mesh Grille Insert, Black, 07-15 Jeep Wrangler (JK)

MSRP $68.99

This gloss black mesh grille insert screen fits 07-15 Jeep Wranglers. These will not fit the Polar, Dragon, Altitude, or X trim packages.
That is correct. Since your polar inserts recess back in to the grill area, it won't work with the Rugged Ridge insert because it protrudes out into the spaces where your inserts recess. :(

Sorry! I originally missed where you had a Polar that already had the inserts. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Make a DIY one from Lowe's/Home Depot.
About $25.

That way you can tell people your Jeep was "Built, not bought".

(At least that's what I tell people) :)

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
If you want the best get a Metalcrafters. It's not inexpensive but it fits perfect and it's powdercoated high quality stainless steel. I've had mine on over 5 yrs. and it still looks new. If you want something less expensive there are a lot to chose from, down to a DIY. Your choice.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the Metalcrafters as well and love it. It fits great, except you will have to move the air sensor. A buddy has the T-Rex and it looks just like the Metalcrafters, both are not cheap but very well made.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Rugged Ridge ones say they wont fit my model. I hace a POLAR... :( I guess because I have black inserts from Jeep in there now? Mesh Grille Insert, Black, 07-15 Jeep Wrangler (JK) MSRP $68.99 This gloss black mesh grille insert screen fits 07-15 Jeep Wranglers. These will not fit the Polar, Dragon, Altitude, or X trim packages.
I made mine- I have a polar as well- easy!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey guys, Im looking to pick up a black wire mesh grill insert for my 14 JKU.. Can anyone recommend a nice quality one? There are tons on ebay but before pulling the trigger maybe someone can point me in the right direction.. Thanks!!
I have installed an E-Auto , stainless steel one piece blacken grill mess about $60 on my 2015 Rubi. The quality is good and it looks great. A couple of notes : you will have to drill 8 holes in your grill to mount. You must also trim the mess to get a proper fit on the sides. I have attached a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just installed the one you have pictured that I bought off e-bay for 49.99 free shipping. The mesh is very hard and brittle and needs to be trimmed on both sides and the top where the air sensor wire mounts to the upper radiator cradle. I tried a pair of ***** but they wouldn't cut it. I used a Dremel and about 15 cut-off discs. There's one on Quadratec from Rugged Ridge that looks about the same but looks to be trimmed a lot better. Hard to tell from the pics if it's 3D like the one I got off e-bay. Rugged Ridge 11401.31 - Rugged Ridge Mesh Grille Insert for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

1 - 20 of 65 Posts