Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I'm located in ct and I am interested in lifting my 1994 jeep yj . I have not bought the kit but I would like to know more of less how much someone would charge.If there is someone in the area of ct that would do this ,how much would you charge? Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
A friend of mine looked into having a rough country lift installed here in Dayton Ohio. He got a quote of $950. Now thats a $450 lift kit included, so about $500 for the install. That was from a place here that does that sort of thing on a regular basis.
I would rather install it myself but if I were to pay someone I wouldn't think that is a bad price.
I did my own Zone lift and on a 25 year old Ohio Jeep there were plenty of rusted bolts to deal with. I think anybody who would do one and do it right for $500 is still earning their money.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A friend of mine looked into having a rough country lift installed here in Dayton Ohio. He got a quote of $950. Now thats a $450 lift kit included, so about $500 for the install. That was from a place here that does that sort of thing on a regular basis.
I would rather install it myself but if I were to pay someone I wouldn't think that is a bad price.
I did my own Zone lift and on a 25 year old Ohio Jeep there were plenty of rusted bolts to deal with. I think anybody who would do one and do it right for $500 is still earning their money.
Hey Klug I'm in Dayton oh as well, I have a 4"RC in my garage and will be beginning Install soon, how much time do you think it will take for me with hand tools and below average suspension knowledge

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey Klug I'm in Dayton oh as well, I have a 4"RC in my garage and will be beginning Install soon, how much time do you think it will take for me with hand tools and below average suspension knowledge
It took my brother in law and myself about 8-9 hours to install the lift, four shocks, and a new stabilizer. That includes a trip to buy new 9/16 frame to spring bolts. By the third spring we were getting pretty good at it LOL We started cutting every bolt that I was going to replace instead of trying to wrench it off. It would have been quicker if I had started out that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts