Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Would like to add a set of lights that would be used for foul weather/recovery/lighting up an area to work in, etc. Won't really be used for driving.
What position (windshield, bull bar, hood) and options (size, bulb type) would be 1. Least expensive, 2. Easiest to install, 3. Effective, and 4. Good looking. Jeep pic attached.

Thanks, all!

Attachments

Vendor
Hi All,
Would like to add a set of lights that would be used for foul weather/recovery/lighting up an area to work in, etc. Won't really be used for driving.
What position (windshield, bull bar, hood) and options (size, bulb type) would be 1. Least expensive, 2. Easiest to install, 3. Effective, and 4. Good looking. Jeep pic attached.

Thanks, all!
They'll all about the same difficulty to install. With some LEDs you can get away without a relay which makes wiring a little more straightforward, but the Raxiom LED Lighting Switch Kit you get everything you need to make even the relay route easy.

Good looking is up to you. I like the LED light bars on the JK's. For my TJ I think Halogen fits the style better, but that's just me.

Least expensive is hard because there is a fine line between inexpensive/good deal and just plain cheap. The Raxiom LED Lighting line-up is well built stuff with a lifetime warranty for a great price. Rigid is known to be the best in the industry but I feel that you pay for the name a bit.

LED is very effective and also draws very little compared to HID or halogen. If you like the look I would go with those for the most light. For a general work light that isn't used when driving, a 50" spot/flood combo across the top of the windshield will do the job quite nicely. Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote on anything!

-Ryan

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They'll all about the same difficulty to install. With some LEDs you can get away without a relay which makes wiring a little more straightforward, but the Raxiom LED Lighting Switch Kit you get everything you need to make even the relay route easy.

Good looking is up to you. I like the LED light bars on the JK's. For my TJ I think Halogen fits the style better, but that's just me.

Least expensive is hard because there is a fine line between inexpensive/good deal and just plain cheap. The Raxiom LED Lighting line-up is well built stuff with a lifetime warranty for a great price. Rigid is known to be the best in the industry but I feel that you pay for the name a bit.

LED is very effective and also draws very little compared to HID or halogen. If you like the look I would go with those for the most light. For a general work light that isn't used when driving, a 50" spot/flood combo across the top of the windshield will do the job quite nicely. Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote on anything!

-Ryan
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about Warn lights, as they have the remote that comes with them so I'd just have to get them power. Thoughts on that?

Vendor
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about Warn lights, as they have the remote that comes with them so I'd just have to get them power. Thoughts on that?
In my opinion, I'd rather do a little more work and wire a proper switch than use the remote control Warn lights. But that's just me! Maybe someone with the remote control lights will jump in and tell you they love them.

-Ryan

Registered
Rigid for my money. Assembled is USA and customer service is great. And they're very bright.

Registered
I know your trying not to spend a lot but I put a spod in mine and it's amazing so easy to wire lights in, I have two kc highlights on the windshield frame and gonna install more later on the kc ones are about 110 and there more then enough light but if you don't mind dishing out the 500 for a spod id say go for that cause in two years if you want more lights it's just plug and play

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know your trying not to spend a lot but I put a spod in mine and it's amazing so easy to wire lights in, I have two kc highlights on the windshield frame and gonna install more later on the kc ones are about 110 and there more then enough light but if you don't mind dishing out the 500 for a spod id say go for that cause in two years if you want more lights it's just plug and play
Which KC lights and which mounting brackets? Do they get in your viewing area?

Registered
Which KC lights and which mounting brackets? Do they get in your viewing area?
There not bad they don't block your view much I got the driving ones and I'm gonna put fog ones on the bumper to spread the light out alittle but here is a pic of them

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Registered
Looks good- I assume install was easy? And can I be a pain and ask for a pic from the driver's seat?
Install was very easy because of the spod without it it's alittle more complicated but not teribly bad here is a pic from the back seat

It looks alittle worse then it is it doesent block your view much at all

Registered
1 - 12 of 12 Posts