Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Did someone swap in a V6 in that YJ or is it the stock 4.2 inline 6 cylinder?

Stock it came with Dana 35 in the rear and a high pinion dana 30 in the front

·
Super Moderator
11,082 Posts
Welcome to the Forum redbuddy,

Back out one page and look for this sticky. A better way to get help in the YJ Tech Forum

Read the first post or two then ask your question. We need more info before we can help. A few pics makes it much easier to figure out what you're looking for.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
driveaxle shafts
We are still confused.....
So, you have a Jeep without tires on because you missing the AXLES..
Or, you have the AXLES but no tires on because you're missing the AXLE SHAFTS, or, you have the AXLES with AXLES SHAFTS and tires on and you are missing the DRIVESHAFT what connects the AXLES to the transfer case.

Reactions: SoCalC101CJYJTJ

·
Registered
844 Posts
How about making it easier for all of us to understand. Take pictures of what your questioning and post them.

Reactions: SoCalC101CJYJTJ

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I am fairly adept at deciphering what the goal is (or at the very least following along), but I am certainly not seeing the big picture on this one! I have my suspicions, but it will be interesting to find out.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm thinking drivelines
510LawCxLxL._SX355_.jpg

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
And that would be a DRIVESHAFT.....

A motor vehicle's driveline consists of the parts of the powertrain excluding the engine. It is the portion of a vehicle, after the prime mover, that changes depending on whether a vehicle is front-wheel, rear-wheel, or four-wheel drive.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Either way, unless the OP can get much more adept at explaining his needs we aren't going to be able to help him

·
Registered
934 Posts
And that would be a DRIVESHAFT.....

A motor vehicle's driveline consists of the parts of the powertrain excluding the engine. It is the portion of a vehicle, after the prime mover, that changes depending on whether a vehicle is front-wheel, rear-wheel, or four-wheel drive.
Don't trust Wikipedia for accurate information...

The driveline is responsible for turning your axles, and your axle is what rotates your wheels. The driveline is connected to the differential and transmission through a series of universal joints. A popular nickname for a driveline is driveshaft

What Wikipedia describes is the Drivetrain which includes the transmission, driveline, and differential(s)

·
Super Moderator
11,082 Posts
I usually don't go to a posters profile to find out what he's talking about because there's a sticky at the top of the YJ tech forum and the same sticky at the top of the YJ general discussion forum that describes how to get good suggestions. I refer to this sticky in my #6 post.

I'm guessing that redbuddy is unfamiliar with either US English or automotive terminology. If that's the case, I'll go the extra mile to help if I can.
I went to his profile and the one pic there looks to be some sort of spring over lift. The pic shows tires, so perhaps he needs suggestions on what driveshaft to use.
Once he posts some pics, we should be able to help him.
Since his posts are around 2:00 a/m mountain time, he may be in another country.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts