Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted a thread in the Cali section looking for help installing a coil swap, I offered a case of beer, dinner (specifically pizza) and dog training tips. I didn't get any responses :( I titled it "free beer in SD" thinking that would get attention but now I'm not sure if it was misleading and people skipped right over it. I know money talks but I was hoping this offer was fair since I don't have alot of extra funds. So is my proposal out of line? What is fair value for propositioning a forum member for help?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any input is much appreciated. What would you want in return to help someone with this? I don't want to be stingy, I'd be very grateful for any assistance since I'd be lost attempting this myself

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Sounds easy to me, if I was local id help just to be able to help someone if I knew how to do it better etc.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Your offer sounds good to me, now just fly me round trip from Ohio, and I'll help you put those on. Really though if you were closer I'd help you out for that deal.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think it sounds fine but maybe people are reading it as "Free candy in my van. Must come alone". I'd add the word Jeep in there someplace. "Jeep help needed. Will pay in beer" or something to that effect.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
West coast sounds rough; we don't even expect the beer/food on the east coast... Do you have any Jeep/Off-Road clubs in your area? Most are full of people who consider wrenching fun and will help just to kill a Saturday afternoon.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your responses. Everyone normally seems so helpful I was a bit discouraged when no one bit. I guess I'll try again with a different title

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to give a long overdue thank you to Mark aka Di Billa from MD automotive in OC. He was kind enough to open up his shop to me and show me how to swap my coils out a couple weeks ago. Great guy that runs a top notch shop. The man made quick work of the task at hand, I think we spent more time talking about our jeeps than anything. So thanks again Mark!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just wanted to give a long overdue thank you to Mark aka Di Billa from MD automotive in OC. He was kind enough to open up his shop to me and show me how to swap my coils out a couple weeks ago. Great guy that runs a top notch shop. The man made quick work of the task at hand, I think we spent more time talking about our jeeps than anything. So thanks again Mark!
:awesome:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts