Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I am chopping the ends off my bumper and capping them.

During this process I want to drop the winch down in the bumper. I know that I may have to relocate the vacuum pump.

What are your expert opinions and arm chair opinions as well on the winch plate fairlead location?

Typically the opening for the fairlead is at the base/my issue is the fairlead opening will be at the top of the winch line.

Will this affect the winching capability? I am thinking when winching it will not be pulling as it was and straining a bit upwards as the line would now have a bend in it upwards about 3.5 inches...am I overthinking it?

I did not want to cut the fairlead/opening and put that down lower. I wanted to do a C-cut drop the winch and weld it with some thick brackets for support.

The idea is that I will see less winch and only see that top Warn control pack.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well here it goes. I might as well clean up some of this rust, while the bumper is off too.

Those holes are filled with sand/dirt and it looks like no where to go for a long ways in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went as planned not looking better as planned.

May have to another route.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cut a new hole in it and lower the fairlead.

Agreed! But I have given in :worthy:and lost the battle as I purchased a new bumper about an hour ago.

This thread now closes with me listing this bumper as for SALE.:pullinghair::lmao:

It will fit perfectly in someone else's bumper, as it was welded to perfection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts