Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am days away from my meetup for my stubby bumper mod on my 07 jk and I can not find the write-up I want. this is a 2 part question. First, I want to cut my bumper all the way down as in this thread http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/messed-up-stubby-bumper-mod-163571-2.html

My question is, I have seen this exact mod done with a cap. What they did is they left part of the bumper on, folded it over and then used a torch to melt it together on the inside and something else for the outside....My issue is I cant find a write up on it just that explanation of how it was done. Has anyone cut their bumper back to the buldge but left a bit on to fold over for the cap? if so did you find a write up for it or does anyone know of one? I have tried to find one but have been unsuccessful.

2nd, Regardless of having a folded cap or not, I want a stinger on this thing...how/what do I do? I have seen a thread where a stinger was mounted to the steel, which I know is essentially what I have to do....but I want to know if there is a way to get a stinger on the factory stubby mod?

any help or advice would be great. I am using the mopar front tow hooks if that matters.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts