Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the jeep, I have a 2006 jeep wrangler Rubicon, im gonna change the rear diff fluid. I read on some other forums but nobody gives you an honest answer, so can someone please tell me what to buy?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think most would recommend either a GL-5 80W-90, or 75W-140 for harder use. And some gear manufacturers suggest dino oil does a better job of heat dissipation.

I use the Valvoline 75W-140 in the Rubi. Though our D44 LSDs don't require the special additive (despite the manual's statement,) it's added to most any diff lube, and won't harm a thing.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Download an owner's manual for free at Jeep.com if you want to know what's supposed to be in there. For Rubicon's, it's synthetic 75w-140 in the rear and 80w-90 in the front. I just use the 75w-140 in both to avoid having to buy two different oils.

Your Rubi also has drain plugs in the diffs so you don't have to remove the covers unless you want to inspect the internals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts