Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally managed to get the hard top off and now I've got 4 pieces of molded plastic that are apparently the door surrounds. Unfortunately, there's no instructions at all. It looks like the L shaped one sits behind the passenger door, but I can't figure out where the other two go? Above the front door?

I'm thinking of driving back to the dealership tomorrow and just having them do it, but it irks me that I can't figure it out. Can anyone walk me through it.

jeffrey

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
The L's go in front, the straight ones in the rear. Google them, there have to be videos of installing them.....

·
I Need A Cigarette
514 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. I'll see if I can figure out in the morning. The PDF makes it look pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Someone can answer this I'm sure, are the door surrounds only used when the soft top or bikni top are used? I removed the hardtop and it appears the door surrounds are not used in this situation. The gap between the back door and roll bar is normal in this configuration.

Thanks,

Larry

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Someone can answer this I'm sure, are the door surrounds only used when the soft top or bikni top are used? I removed the hardtop and it appears the door surrounds are not used in this situation. The gap between the back door and roll bar is normal in this configuration.

Thanks,

Larry
You only need the door surrounds when using the soft top with doors. You have to take them off when you put your hardtop back on. Check out the disc that came with your Jeep for more info and decent pics and vids about the door surrounds, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts