Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I'm totally Rebuilding my drum brakes with all the parts but hit a snag in getting the new Wheel Cylinder in, I bought the new one at Autozone and it does match, everything but the Threads, is there a converter piece or a trick I'm missing? Thanks, these things are a PIA :banghead:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Looks like a bleeder valve to me. If that's the only thing that don't fit, they probably switched to metric bleeders? Those are easy to find.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The brake line goes where the red plug is and the bleeder valve goes where the brass fitting is.
I think this is where the OP needs to be working on. From the question and photo, I'm assuming he is trying to hook up the brake line to the bleeder valve. Like Raven said, the red plug is where the line needs to go. Pull that out and the brake line should thread into there just fine!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doh, It was behind the rubber stopper. (Stare at something so long you miss the obvious things) I'm Still having issues with putting it all back together though. These were so worn down that the drum split when I tapped it with a hammer. I had to blow torch the brake line to get the screw off. Anyone know any useful videos to do these? Ive found a few but they are of other styles that don't help much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts