Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey jeepers!! :wavey:

So about 2 years ago I had flowmasters (40 series) and took it out recently due to the headaches. It was just too loud for me.

Well I then replaced it with stock exhaust. I just found out I have a leak and other problems with it so I now have an excuse to buy a new exhaust :punk:

Now here is where you jeepers come in.

I am looking for an exhaust that's deep sounding, relatively affordable, and above all NOT SUPER LOUD.

Please help!! I need to make a decision sometime this week!!!

Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Magnaflow has always been my choice...

Gives you a nice sound without being loud. Also has an actual tone to it instead of just ugly annoying

·
Registered
924 Posts
Great topic... I hope more folks weigh in with suggestions.

I have factory exhaust, but would like to upgrade. I've had flowmasters before on other vehicles, but I want something deep sounding that doesn't scream "CHEAP" or "HIGH SCHOOL" when I drive by... ya know?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The magnaflow has a great tone. It's nice and deep not loud and annoying. It will sometimes drone a little with the doors off but that may be because I am running a turn down tip right off the muffler.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I've put magnaflow on each of my last vehicles...

Magnaflow muffler and cat on my blazer, pair of magnaflow mufflers (not fart cans) a magnaflow resonator and tips on my last car, and now a magnaflow muffler on my 2.5L

I think magnaflow has the best sound. Its clean, has a great tone, and isnt a cheap sounding loud can. Sounds great...

I vote magnaflow again lol...you wont be disappointed!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eagleman06 said:
I just went to a local muffler shop and told him that I wanted a magnaflow. They actually recommended it over the flowmaster anyways.
Do you recommend a place? I went to Midas or both my exhausts and it look like a 2 year old did it lol seriously

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I ordered part number 12255 for my 2.5L and welded that muffler in place of my stock...not sure what size exhaust pipe is on the 4L though since mines a 2.5

i got mine from an ebay store sellin them new...i'll post a link to one similar where you can just offer like i did (got mine 67 shipped) but the site i got everything for both my other vehicles was Magnaflow Exhaust Systems And Performance Mufflers - Justmagnaflow.com

Here an ebay site to offer....

MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER 5" X 8" 18" BODY 2-1/4" C/O 12255: eBay Motors (item 320550304032 end time Nov-14-10 20:55:31 PST)

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I would never go to a chain place like Midas. Look for a locally owned muffler shop. They usually do a much better job and are proud of their work.
Agreed...

You'll get a much better quality job than somewhere like midas or any large chain shop.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Owen_TJ said:
I've put magnaflow on each of my last vehicles...

Magnaflow muffler and cat on my blazer, pair of magnaflow mufflers (not fart cans) a magnaflow resonator and tips on my last car, and now a magnaflow muffler on my 2.5L

I think magnaflow has the best sound. Its clean, has a great tone, and isnt a cheap sounding loud can. Sounds great...

I vote magnaflow again lol...you wont be disappointed!
So with no doors and no top, will I be able to hear my radio fine?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Yes...

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I've got a Magnaflow, 4" High Flow Cat and Banks torque tube headers and it sounds gnarly but not obnoxious or cheap, in the bush in low gear it's wicked. I have heard the flowmaster 50 series mufflers,they are deep toned but I've only heard them on V8's.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a MBRP exhaust and love it. It is quiet on the highway and was relatively cheap

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Owen_TJ said:
I ordered part number 12255 for my 2.5L and welded that muffler in place of my stock...not sure what size exhaust pipe is on the 4L though since mines a 2.5

i got mine from an ebay store sellin them new...i'll post a link to one similar where you can just offer like i did (got mine 67 shipped) but the site i got everything for both my other vehicles was Magnaflow Exhaust Systems And Performance Mufflers - Justmagnaflow.com

Here an ebay site to offer....

MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER 5" X 8" 18" BODY 2-1/4" C/O 12255: eBay Motors (item 320550304032 end time Nov-14-10 20:55:31 PST)
Hey man just one more question. I'm debating between

Magnaflow performance exhaust - $513.99

Or

Magnaflow ss performance exhaust system - $279.99

Do you or anyone know the difference?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.