Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first Jeep, a 2012 JK and looking to put on new 285/75R17 BFG KO2’s, but was worried they would rub. The current wheels are 255/75R17 and I think the wheels are the Ultra Performance Bolts. Based on the way it all looks visually, it seems like there’s a ton of room.

I took some measurements and wanted to see if you guys could help confirm the lift off of stock and whether or not the KO2s would a) fit without rubbing on or off trail and b) that they would look good.

Appreciate the help!

Attachments

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,857 Posts
Guessing you live in the NE or mid west based on all of the surface rust... It appears to me you have a 2.5" lift, maybe by Teraflex (at least the shocks are). Based on the last picture, you can fit a 33, 34 or 35" tire under there no problem. How does it drive currently. Squeaks or groans when you go over bumps? Its hard to tell but the springs are looking a little tired. How many miles?

I'm sure someone else can identify that bump stop under there which may give a bit more clue as to what it is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guessing you live in the NE or mid west based on all of the surface rust... It appears to me you have a 2.5" lift, maybe by Teraflex (at least the shocks are). Based on the last picture, you can fit a 33, 34 or 35" tire under there no problem. How does it drive currently. Squeaks or groans when you go over bumps? Its hard to tell but the springs are looking a little tired. How many miles?

I'm sure someone else can identify that bump stop under there which may give a bit more clue as to what it is.
Wow, great guess! I purchased it from someone in MA. Too much damn salt and snow. Anything to be worried about with the surface rust?

As for the springs/struts, since this is my first jeep, I wasn't sure how much roll or bounce should be expected, especially lifted a bit. Likewise, my tires are mud tires at the moment and worn to sh*t. So noise and steering suck on the road. I was going get the new tires balanced and mounted along with an alignment and reassess. Unless someone is able to see something glaring in the pics. Currently has about 37k miles, but lots of cobblestone and sand driving.

I ended up ordering the 34s last night. Fingers crossed for no rubbing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts