Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a used hardtop for my Wrangler 2001 SE Soft-top. I was wondering rather than spend a fortune on a hardtop wiring kit, Has anyone figured out a way to wire in a switch and power for the rear wiper, wiper pump, and defroster?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have recently purchased a used hardtop for my Wrangler 2001 SE Soft-top. I was wondering rather than spend a fortune on a hardtop wiring kit, Has anyone figured out a way to wire in a switch and power for the rear wiper, wiper pump, and defroster?
Wiper pump would be a problem since it is a new bottle and pump that comes in the kit. Is it an early or late hard top?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,389 Posts
Also the defroster requires a relay. The wiring for the rear wiper and defroster is not trivial to do it right like to insure the defroster shuts off when the ignition is shut off. I'd spring for the wiring kit.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Can be done somewhat complicated and requires proper size larger wires for defroster and ground

Relay relay spot already in PDC

Timer for defroster already built into cluster

Also need switches (can get from XJ)

Hardtop connector from neon or Durango depending on year

Cut hole then insert rubber ring and add 2nd pump to washer tank

Rest is just patient careful wiring and if you cannot figure that out looking at factory wiring diagrams this may not be a good project for you

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Can be done somewhat complicated and requires proper size larger wires for defroster and ground

Relay relay spot already in PDC

Timer for defroster already built into cluster

Also need switches (can get from XJ)

Hardtop connector from neon or Durango depending on year

Cut hole then insert rubber ring and add 2nd pump to washer tank

Rest is just patient careful wiring and if you cannot figure that out looking at factory wiring diagrams this may not be a good project for you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts