Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today I have given up the hunt for my LOST key!
i have ripped my whole house apart and had AAA come unlock the jeep:thumb: but still no key!:banghead: i have declared it GONE for good.... now onto the next step does anyone have any info on how to get a new key made...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have a key to make a copy of though ...lol:facepalm:

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
Goto the dealer with a copy of your registration and your Id they can cut one after looking up your vin

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wanted to avoid the dealer... but considering the fact that i cant drive untill i suck it up and do it i guess ill have to lol... i can feel my wallet shrinking just thinking about go there =[

·
Registered
429 Posts
Don't think your the only one that has lost all your keys. I'm a parts associate at a Ford dealer and I get at least 2-3 people a week that have lost all their keys. I didn't realize it was that common. Good luck but I would go to the dealer with your vin, registration, proof of insurance, and photo ID just to be safe. Good luck and always make extras to leave at home.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't think your the only one that has lost all your keys. I'm a parts associate at a Ford dealer and I get at least 2-3 people a week that have lost all their keys. I didn't realize it was that common. Good luck but I would go to the dealer with your vin, registration, proof of insurance, and photo ID just to be safe. Good luck and always make extras to leave at home.
haha i'm going to make a ton might keep one on each family members key ring just to be safe!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yea. Duuuu. Stupid me.
hahaha its all good my keys have been missing for 2 days.. and i have gone to get in the jeep atleast 4 times.. iv had plenty of dumb moments this week. the most frustrating one is that i buy 3 packs of ciggs at the beginning of the week and guess where i keep the packs !!!! yepp my center console i had a reallly rough morning :nonono:

·
Registered
496 Posts
amanda1245 said:
hahaha its all good my keys have been missing for 2 days.. and i have gone to get in the jeep atleast 4 times.. iv had plenty of dumb moments this week. the most frustrating one is that i buy 3 packs of ciggs at the beginning of the week and guess where i keep the packs !!!! yepp my center console i had a reallly rough morning :nonono:
Well that's one way to quit smoking lol.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I had this problem once ...
Two dogs + jogging + ice and snow + storm drain = Sad man - Keys(all keys house cars work and others) + torn pants + loose dogs ... Not a good day for me. had to have Dealer vin cut a new key but that was not for the jeep it was an excape and the 1st sign that it was time for a change.

I have put this in another place as well but I found a place for cheap chip keys(if you have them and one to copy) I use ikeyless.com(no I don't work for them just have been happy with their services) have gotten chip keys for staurns fords and a slide key for my LJ I am waiting for the slide key when I get it I will post here on how it works.

·
Registered
22,334 Posts
amanda1245 said:
wanted to avoid the dealer... but considering the fact that i cant drive untill i suck it up and do it i guess ill have to lol... i can feel my wallet shrinking just thinking about go there =[
It only cost me 9 bucks to get one made when I lost mine while out of town....

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
You didn't say whether you have the key with a chip or not, but if you do , you will definitley need to go to the dealership to have a new one made, and those will cost between $150.00 to $200.00.
Just an after-thought, if you have a hat pin you could just push in the ignition switch
lock retainer tab and just pop the key lock out of your steering column and use a flat screwdriver to start your jeep till you can get a key made.

·
Registered
744 Posts
You can call a key/lock smith to come out and he can cut you a key on the spot. As long as you don't have a chipped key anyhow.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
You can call a key/lock smith to come out and he can cut you a key on the spot. As long as you don't have a chipped key anyhow.

and I bet it will be cheaper to go on to the dealer...:doh::whistling:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have a grey key (sentry key with a chip) and I needed to get a replacement at the dealer, and it only ran me around $75 for a new one

1 - 19 of 19 Posts