Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to order KO2s 285/70/17's for a Willys Jeep. and it used to be as simple as deciding if I want a C or E, but there are three C load tires in this size. and two E load. I'm confused, The C load (4 ply) are 50.3 lbs. and 51.3 lbs. and then they have an 6 ply that is (57 lbs.).

I'm replacing the stock KM2s. Not sure which ones to get. I don't know if I really want the extra weight from tires. Discount Tire says the lighter ones are $35 MORE each.

Anyone know which ones come on the new Rubis?

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
LT-C tires are always 6-ply equivalent. At least, based upon what I've seen.

P tires are 4-ply equivalent. I've never seen a K02 in a P-rating on a Jeep. I don't think they even make them.

Typically BFG sells some with black sidewalls, some with white letters, etc. and they have different part #'s. Try looking them up on the BFG website to get more specs on the models you're looking at.

I'd go with LT-C and white letters if it was me. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
The only thing I see is the S speed and Q speed differences on the C rated KO2's... Don't think those make any difference on a Jeep. Take the less expensive one. Especially with the very small weight difference.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing I see is the S speed and Q speed differences on the C rated KO2's... Don't think those make any difference on a Jeep. Take the less expensive one. Especially with the very small weight difference.
I figure out the confusion... it came in because there are 3 C versions listed on BFG site. And the cheapest C load is 58 lb.s. Discount Tire didn't know why that was. I found out that C load was supposed to go into production last January but then they stopped it to make them special for Jeep and those are the 50 lb. ones.

Yet, they are still listed in the system and on BFGoodrich's site!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The "C" rated tires are OEM on the JL Rubicon.

LOL, guess you didn't read anything. That wasn't the question, I knew that they come with C loads. BFG shows THREE different C versions in that same size on the site, three different weights. One was so much heavier than the other two. All were C's.

I got the lighter ones. I figured it out, turns out the ones listed at 58 lbs. don't exist, (see above) though BFGoodrich still lists it and tire dealers do as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts