Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2011 to the dealer 7 times for the same leak since I bought it 2 months ago. Not only have they not been able to fix the leak, I now have a new leak. I am over this wrangler. I need info from someone that has dealt with a buy back situation.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
GPgirl said:
I have had my 2011 to the dealer 7 times for the same leak since I bought it 2 months ago. Not only have they not been able to fix the leak, I now have a new leak. I am over this wrangler. I need info from someone that has dealt with a buy back situation.
Sorry to hear that. Um.... Ya there is a couple members that have done so.
Have you researched your state lemon laws?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kjeeper10 said:
Sorry to hear that. Um.... Ya there is a couple members that have done so.
Have you researched your state lemon laws?
I live in Kentucky but I bought the vehicle in Indiana so I'm not exactly sure which law to research. I got a heck of a deal on it and I am worried I will not find that deal again!! I also had the dealer install a factory hard top and I do not want to be out the money for it. I absolutely love it and I want to purchase another wrangler.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JPi1 said:
What is it leaking?
It is a water leak every time it rains. The first leak is coming in around the front passenger door. They have replaced seals, aligned door, modified seals, etc etc 7 times. The new leak is running down the column that the driver seatbelt is attached to. I'm ok with a drip here and there, but I'm not going to have water standing on the floorboard of my brand new vehicle. Sooo frustrated!

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think leaks are covered in most states lemon laws. Not saying your state doesn't have protection from something like this, check with a lawyer, but your state may not either.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Escalate the problem to corporate? There have been several reported problems with JK tops not sealing in various threads.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whiteyj said:
Escalate the problem to corporate? There have been several reported problems with JK tops not sealing in various threads.
I have had a case file open with Chrysler this while time. I called Chrysler directly after the second time to the dealer.

·
Registered
621 Posts
wow. 7 times is 4 times too many! maybe the dealer is not up to par? i know there was a recall i believe got mailed out to owners affected with a bad passenger door seal. for 2011 i believe. usually found a pool of water on the passenger side floor.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Sorry you're having such a leak problem GP-

I have had a case file open with Chrysler this while time. I called Chrysler directly after the second time to the dealer.
Mine leaked "BRAND NEW" and I didn't goto the dealer, matter of fact I haven't seen the dealer for anything after 3 yrs--anyway, here's what I did to mine-

I adjusted both UPPER door hinges IN 1/16"--

On the PASSENGER "T" top--OUTSIDE LEADING/TRAILING CORNER, on the longitudinal edge only I put 4" of window/door adhesive sealing foam--1/2" wide-

------------------------------NO LEAKS, even with the magic wand pressure hose-

Now it might not work for you, it works for me-just like suspension, every jeeps "A Little Different"-

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JIMBOX said:
:D Sorry you're having such a leak problem GP-

Mine leaked "BRAND NEW" and I didn't goto the dealer, matter of fact I haven't seen the dealer for anything after 3 yrs--anyway, here's what I did to mine-

I adjusted both UPPER door hinges IN 1/16"--

On the PASSENGER "T" top--OUTSIDE LEADING/TRAILING CORNER, on the longitudinal edge only I put 4" of window/door adhesive sealing foam--1/2" wide-

------------------------------NO LEAKS, even with the magic wand pressure hose-

Now it might not work for you, it works for me-just like suspension, every jeeps "A Little Different"-

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO
Thank you for the suggestions. I too bought this jeep "brand new". It appears I may be better off trying to figure it out on my own.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: After trip #9 to the dealership, I have been leak free for 2 weeks!!!! They are replacing the musty carpet today!!! I am Sooooo happy to have the leak resolved!!!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Can you fill us in on what they did to fix it? It may help others who have the same problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine has been in the shop 6 times and is still leaking. They have replaced the header bar, door seals, new top, re-adjusted the doors, and yet after all that it still leaks at the drivers side A-Pillar and behind the passenger side B-Pillar. Foam inserts and seals and new top have my worked so I sent a certified letter to Chrysler on Friday informing them that I am pursuing lemon law case. I live in NC but bought the Jeep in VA. The lemon laws of the state you bought the vehicle in, are the requisite laws you need to follow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just noticed my top is leaking the other day reading this post answered my question on why it is leaking. Happy to join this form.

·
Registered
538 Posts
2010 JKU with leak where the rear window meets the gate. Have two puddles where the tie downs are everytime it rains. Is this common? any way to fix it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts