Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I searched and watched videos..

Am still lost what I want to do is install led smoke marker lights.

Am confused on what I need exactly.

I want then to function as they do stock..

Any tips would be great I will most likely get recon side markers unless someone here has a better recommendation ..

So if you all can plz give me your suggestions it would be extremely helpful..

P.S I can do the wiring and soldering but as far as getting technical about electrical forget it..

thx skull...

·
Gone Fishin
403 Posts
If all you want to do is extend the stock side markers then it could be as easy as crimping in some extra wiring. I would highly recommend not doing taps or other cheap methods.

Only two things I would consider: 1) butt splices with a double crimper and heat shrink, 2) solder and heat shrink.

Actually, there is a 3rd, redo the line from one end to the other, but that's not usually gonna happen.

Also, add adhesive lined heat shrink before doing the work. Then use a hair dryer, or preferrably a heat gun to the shrink after it's been proven to work.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok but don't I need the 3 wire so they work properly?
And is there something better then recons?
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice... you are going to like the look of the smoked sides.... those orange pimples were the first to go...

-=FM45=-

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just tired to put marker lights in from recon
And they don't plug in they have the wrong connector on them I already called but there closed.
I did the blinkers and I hooked up the resistor and everything worked out fine is my first time really soldering any wiring on a car.
Here's a few pics
And of the connector for marker lights.
(stock light)

(recon light)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I think I have to take the bulb out and plug this into that not the actual connector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts