Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a brand new 11 jk unlimited. i just bought a set of 33/12.50/17 bfg mud with kevlar on pro comp wheels. im looking for a lift for it now. i need some help deciding what to go with. i was going to get a 2.5 spacer lift from a local shop, installed for 500 bucks. but id like to run 35s or larger once these are worn out in a couple of years. ive found a couple of suspension lifts for right around 500 by rough country and zone that are 3-4 inch lifts which id rather have. they say they are bolt on with everything i need included. i dont do any major rock crawling or anything right now as its my daily driver, just going on the beach and the occastional playing in the mud. id rather have a little more lift put on to start if i could but my question is are the rough country or zone kits really complete for a daily driver as far as driveshafts go. id like to get on that bolts on with no welding or anything like that needed. anyone running either of these kits? is 500 for a 2.5 spacer kit installed a good price or should i put that money to getting the rc or zone kit and then save up more money for the install. any ideas would be great.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Stay away from RC. Go with a better brand like teraflex, bds, or ome. Stay under 4" with the unlimited for less chance of drive shaft issues.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Stay away from RC. Go with a better brand like teraflex, bds, or ome. Stay under 4" with the unlimited for less chance of drive shaft issues.
daggo I agree with you 100%. I would def go with better brand of lift. I would suggest if I could the Teraflex 2.5". They make a kit without shocks included that is around $500. You could run 35's on it but would need spacers if running stock wheels without proper backspacing.

It would look awesome in my opinion. Good work

:punk:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Also with the 2.5" lift I mentioned, it would look great with 33"s, and if you wanted to get 35"s it would work but you could always add a 1" body lift or so relatively inexpensively. Get the right lift manufacturer now though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
What about this daystar kit. Maybe do the 3" now and save the body lift for later? I'd like at least 3" to start for around the 500 range

Daystar™ - Driven by Design
I don't have experience with the Daystar my current lift is a ProComp. Only thing I can tell you is when I went in to order everything for my upgrade, the first three makes the 4wd manager mentioned was their 4wd (obviously), ARB and TerFlex. I had already decided on the 3" Tera before going in. When I told him I had decided on Tera already he told me that is what he would get if doing an upgrade, first choice. For what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have their 1.75 inch kit (actually lifted our JKU 2 inches). I'm sure their 3 inch kit is fine. Daystar has a great reputation.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Anyone have experience on the Daystar 3 inch lift on a 2 door? I can have it installed for $330 including alignment, good deal? Easy to install on my own with common tools? Thanks! Daystar Part KJ09153BK - ComfortRide
Depends on how much $330 means for you. Bank on taking the better part of a day to do the install, though it might go shorter. These type of lifts are fully doable on your own provided you've got the right tools--large socket set, torque wrench, hydraulic floor jack, at least two preferably four jack stands, and a level surface all come to mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts