Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so I'm working on putting a prorock 44 with dynatrac ball joins under my '13 jk and I'm trying to reinstall the steering knuckles. With the bottom so tight the knuckle doesn't want to turn I have a ~1/4 in gap at the top. Is this normal? Am I missing something?
thanks
tim

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Still hard to move and still that 1/4" gap at the top ball joint. I have not greased the joints yet so maybe that is the hard to move bit but the gap is what has me concerned.
thanks!
tim

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
Thanks. Still hard to move and still that 1/4" gap at the top ball joint. I have not greased the joints yet so maybe that is the hard to move bit but the gap is what has me concerned. thanks! tim
I just installed a new knuckle and had the same gap. Grease should close it up.
My concern is how hard they are to move.. Def not a good thing.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
You may need to get a ball joint press and get that ball joint down on the upper C better?!?!

Do you guys suggest to use some Anti-Seize on the mating surfaces where the ball joints press into?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just spoke with Dynatrac and the gap and tightness are 100% normal for there ball joints. Looks like i panicked for nothing but THANKS to everyone for there support!
tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts