Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought some speakers, Kickers 41DSC54's and 41DSC44's for my TJ (2004 X specifically) and they do not fit. Any recommendations for ones that do? Thanks! Any advise is appreciated!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i just replaced my roll bar speakers with jbl gtos and they bolted right in however i had to stay with the stock grilles for them to fit and look clean. as far as the front speakers go I had removed the front speaker and tweeter piece from the plastic surounding and do some cutting to allow the 4x6s i put in to fit in the piece. Not sure if this helps but good luck

·
Registered
157 Posts
I put a pair of Polk db651s in my '04 x's pods a few weeks ago with no problem using polk's covers. I'll receive a pair of adapters from Amazon Monday that should allow me to install the 5.25 speakers the previous owner had put in the pods into the dash ends. I don't expect any problems and I know for a fact the polks I installed give a much better sound than what was there before I forget what brand I'm about to install up front but hopefully they're better than what is there now

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
So I just bought some speakers, Kickers 41DSC54's and 41DSC44's for my TJ (2004 X specifically) and they do not fit. Any recommendations for ones that do? Thanks! Any advise is appreciated!!
Soundbar? Do some cutting. I had to cut for mine. Made some wooden ring spacers cause my sound bar isnt deep enough. Easy.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
No reason to Hack up your SB, the Polk 651's fit perfectly.
2003+ has sound pods, not the older bar. 651's barely fit inside the opening after cutting off the 4 mounting tabs. I think I just drilled new holes in the steel ring. I don't recall exactly, but it is clear what to do when you start putting things together. The grills need to be mounted to the outside of the pod.

5.25" dash speakers need dash adaptor plates like these. I also used foam baffles as an enclosure. No cutting required on 2003+ TJs.

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
I just assumed that the OP bought those speakers because he liked them for brand lotalty, sound, price, etc. I chose a very particular set of 3-way components paired to a particular amp. My sound bar needed cutting for the woofers, and obviously for mids and highs.

Now if OP is strictly concerned about getting speakers that fit without cutting, then surely the Polks will work. I had them in my Tacoma and they are great speakers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2003+ has sound pods, not the older bar. 651's barely fit inside the opening after cutting off the 4 mounting tabs. I think I just drilled new holes in the steel ring. I don't recall exactly, but it is clear what to do when you start putting things together. The grills need to be mounted to the outside of the pod. 5.25" dash speakers need dash adaptor plates like these. I also used foam baffles as an enclosure. No cutting required on 2003+ TJs.

Where did you pick up the dash adapters for the 5.25 speakers.

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
You can get them on ebay also

1 - 13 of 13 Posts