Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a13 JK that was rained out yesterday. Houston got a bad storm and my dumb ass had the top off...woke up this morning to go to the store...mind you my carpets are out and plugs out...my wipers turned on but now won't turn off...my turn signals don't work...any thoughts?

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Just the negative.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So went to go to the dealership and thought I would try it one more time...BAM it works

Got horn, signals, wipers, everything...

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
It is likely your clockspring was affected by the water. Hopefully it is ok. For a way to prevent damage to that sensitive part while parked topless check out the thread linked below in my sig.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
if you have a hardtop, keep the freedom panels on. especially in houston, been rained on there a few times myself. now I just leave them on, doors and hardtop off, and it can sit in a hurricane for all I care.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I live in Clear Lake. This happened to me last year. I went to a drive-in in Cypress, got back home at about 1:30 and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Woke up at 9:00 am to a massive thunderstorm in progress. Once the storm passed, I had about 2" of standing water in the jeep. After pulling the carpet and drain plugs, everything dried out well enough, but my blinker and airbag lights were constantly on. I also had some moisture behind the 430n head unit screen. It eventually all dried out and began to work normally, but I take extra precautions with the clock spring and dash.

Just got caught again last night it that downpour we had. I had a bikini top/duster on, but no doors. All was well aside from a soggy backside.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I live in Clear Lake. This happened to me last year. I went to a drive-in in Cypress, got back home at about 1:30 and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Woke up at 9:00 am to a massive thunderstorm in progress. Once the storm passed, I had about 2" of standing water in the jeep. After pulling the carpet and drain plugs, everything dried out well enough, but my blinker and airbag lights were constantly on. I also had some moisture behind the 430n head unit screen. It eventually all dried out and began to work normally, but I take extra precautions with the clock spring and dash.

Just got caught again last night it that downpour we had. I had a bikini top/duster on, but no doors. All was well aside from a soggy backside.
Yea I can relate. I luckily buttoned her up Monday just as the rain came in.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Left the top off my old TJ when it was a week old and it got rained on. Clock spring was ruined, had to be replaced at the dealer. They told me I was lucky the airbag did not deploy. After the fix I just kept a trash bag in the jeep and would cover the steering column when I had the top down (when the jeep was parked).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts