Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a bit of help. I started doing the rear brakes on my 2016 Unlimited. I forgot the park brake is part of the assembly.i have the old rotor hung up on the park brake and I absolutely cannot get it off. How do you back the pads off with the rotor still on? All the videos I see they have the rotor off and they are adjusting them. I have the park brake cable disengaged from the brake and the pads are still hanging up. Please help, I need to get this done since I don’t have another vehicle.

·
Registered
223 Posts
looks wedged in there, I think I would tap the rotor back on a bit until the rotor aligned better, and then maybe the springs could pull the pads inward.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pull the little rubber plug off the inside of the shield and you can access and adjust the e brake pads in away from the rotor.

Reactions: Hdhoo73

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
beat the rotor back on, and then back your pb shoes off

·
Super Moderator
5,310 Posts
Mine had a ring of rust/ corrosion around the outer lip of the drum. I used a right angle pick to scrape it off. Then it came apart with less drama.

·
Super Moderator
7,699 Posts
Bang the rotor back in place, and back off the adjustment. Make sure the parking brake cable is connected properly before making any adjustments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts