Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends!

I have a 2013 JKU with the RHB model radio. I have an iPhone 5, and I thought I could connect via the USB to listen to iTunes, pandora, etc. however, the radio doesn't recognize that anything is plugged in and the auxiliary tab is grayed out. Do I need to go back to the dealer? Bought this used and there's no manual.

I looked for an existing thread on this but I could not find anything. I apologies if this is already been answered. Any help is appreciated!!

Love this forum and have already made a few simple mods, thanks to you all!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Do you have the connectivity group with Bluetooth and USB in the console? If not, then you don't have the needed hardware for the USB/iPhone playback. The 130 and 430/430N radios like you have actually rely on the UConnect module for Bluetooth and USB device playback. The 730N has it build into it, so you don't need anything extra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt answer. That's what I figured.

Is it worth it to upgrade? To uconnect? After reading all the threads, it seems like it doesn't work half the time. I know I can just use the aux port through the regular connector.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Mine works just fine, so I think it's worth it. You can buy a kit for the UConnect module and the console USB cable. Once you have it all installed, the dealer can flash it to activate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts