Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 JKU Sport S, and I was given the stock rock rails off a 2015 Rubicon. These are the rails that just cover the pinch seam, not the steps. The problem I have now is, he had the smaller bolts that attach to the pinch seam but not the 3 larger bolts (per side) that bolt up under the body. Can somebody help me find these? I tried searching the Mopar parts, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I can't even go to the hardware store & buy generic replacements because I don't know the size, length, type etc. I've never even seen them to know what they look like. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
344 Posts
1) 8mm 1.25 pitch 30mm length Grade 9 hardened hex head bolts
(you need 4 of these for the 2dr) Also need washers/lock washers

2) 6mm x 1.0 pitch Nylock nuts
(you need 8 of these for the 2dr.) Also need washers

Note: With 2012 and newer JK's you do not use "U-nuts". They are not required.
Also, 30mm length as mentioned above is just a little less then 1.25 inches in length.

I pulled this from a JK-Owners forum. Hope it helps

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay after some more research, I'm finding the pinch seam bolts are attached to the rail, and I have the nuts for all them & they are 10mm. I have learned that the bolts up under the body are 13mm, but I still don't know the length, and are they a special thread? (course or fine, etc)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm an idiot. The sizes I gave are the wrench sizes, not the thread size. DOH!

·
Registered
598 Posts
The bolts you are needing are metric.

For each side of your 4 door you'll need: (3) M8x1.25x30mm body bolts. M8 is the size/diameter. 1.25 is the thread pitch. 30mm is the length.

Body bolts are black oxide and have an attached washer that isn't removable and is a bit larger diameter than a regular washer. Most auto stores sell these in their assorted hardware area and Ace hardware has them too.
If you can't find them, a regular M8 1.25 bolt will work but you'll have to add a separate washer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good luck getting the hardware. Luckily I had not sold my stock rails prior to buying some used Rubicon Rails since they didn't come with the 3 large bolts per side.

Love the rails though! Great robust but minimalist look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts