Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking around at different amp/speaker combos to change out on the jk. I just don't know what type of inverter people use to piggy back on the stock head unit. I have searched the threads and haven't found anything. Any advice or direction will be helpful. I really just want to install an amp and replace the stock 4 speakers.

·
Registered
807 Posts
To install and amp you'll need a line out converter.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Depends on what you wan to do. Is the amp strictly for bass or you want it to drive the mid/high speakers? (the 4 you want to replace)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just upgraded the speakers in my TJ with the Polk Audio DX line and replaced the stock radio with a middle of the road Alpine head unit. I also added the small 45w Alpine amp to drive the system. I'll replace the stock sub and amp that is in the console soon. The sound quality with loud tires is amazing. If you tearing into your Jeep is intimidating then consider buying your stuff from Cruchfield.com as they also send replacement instructions with each component ordered. I've used them on two different vehicle stereo upgrades and have been very impressed by the instructions and service.

·
Registered
73 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. I figured im going to do the under the seat sub and 600w amp. Just have to plug a in line convertor and amp kit.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well my financial advisor said no to speakers because they are new. So I was able to get a ok for a sub. When the speakers go im going to get a amp and 4 speakers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts