Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a jeep for my daughter - it's a 2012 Wrangler Sahara Arctic Edition (White). I'll drive it on occasion - so want to put on some nicer wheels and a little beefier tire.

The Jeep will see little off-road use (maybe some light trails) - would like something that looks good but has a decent road ride (reasonable on the highway).

I'm going to install a TerraFlex leveling kit this weekend.

I'll almost certainly be buying through my local America's Tire (Discount Tire). I'm thinking about sticking with a 17" wheel (Arctic Wheels are black 17" wheels).

Because this is only an occasional driver for me - I don't want to spend a lot of money on tires and wheels - but don't want crap . . .

There are a couple of American Outlaw wheels I'm looking at (Lonestar and Marshall) - hoping to stay under $125/wheel.

For tires - I'm thinking a 285/70 R17 (33" or thereabouts) and am looking at the Pathfinder AT, Cooper Discoverer, or Falkens (in a close size). I'd like to stay in the $150/tire range - but am fine at $175/tire or so if needed.

Too many choices - someone help me . . .

Thx
D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, I'm driving a few years older Sahara (2009) and I bought a set of Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure With Kevlar. I'm really satisfied because they're really good both for on- and off-road drive.

I'm not driving my jeep a lot off road, but I tried this tires even there, and I really didn't regret my money.

If you're still not sure what's the right tire for your jeep, try reading this post, and you'll maybe can get some good idea https://www.bestproductspro.com/tires-for-jeep-wrangler/

I find some great advice here. And they even give me the idea to look for some GoodYear Tires. Hope you'll find it useful. :)

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
60,009 Posts
Hey, I'm driving a few years older Sahara (2009) and I bought a set of Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure With Kevlar. I'm really satisfied because they're really good both for on- and off-road drive.

I'm not driving my jeep a lot off road, but I tried this tires even there, and I really didn't regret my money.

If you're still not sure what's the right tire for your jeep, try reading this post, and you'll maybe can get some good idea https://www.bestproductspro.com/tires-for-jeep-wrangler/

I find some great advice here. And they even give me the idea to look for some GoodYear Tires. Hope you'll find it useful. :)
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I have the AM Lonestar wheels and I like them. I've put a few thousand miles on them through gravel roads, mud, rivers, etc. and they seem to be holding up great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts