Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm exhausted searching the web. Can someone give me an insight on this question.
2013 moab unlimited with max tow pkg. 3.73 gears

I just bought a...

2013 legend 16 ft. Xcalibur boat with a 75 hp motor
boat weighs 1000 lbs, motor 350 lbs plus trailer and gas. Gonna weigh probably 2000 lbs.

Jeep rated for 3500 lbs, is this going to be easy peas to tow? Or am I gonna suffer towing this pkg????

Please reply to this scenario only as the net is filled with jeep towing horror stories.

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry bro. My crystal ball is broken. Tow it a short distance with hills, etc. and report back to us all. Lol!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there's 2 feet of snow on the ground and the lake is froze, don't get the boat till may....

·
Registered
132 Posts
You Should be fine. I tow my 20 footer with my 2008. You can definitely tell its back there but I've never had any problems

·
Registered
498 Posts
Piece of cake, that's pretty much the same setup I have, barely know it's there.

·
Registered
238 Posts
We towed a 2012 19' Sea Ray bow rider with a Chevy V6 and single axle trailer with our 2012 Sport 2 door with 3.21 axle. Probably around 3,000 pounds. The lake was 160 miles one way. I pulled the travel trailer with the Ram and the wife pulled the boat with the Jeep. We cruised between 60 and 65 mph. I pulled our boat to another lake 100 miles away with the Jeep and it did fine. The trailer had surge brakes.

Critics on this forum will have their way. I am only telling you what we did. I wouldn't hesitate to tow tomorrow. It was an AT and we would manually hold it in 4th. RPM s were about 2400.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Piece of cake, that's pretty much the same setup I have, barely know it's there.
Awesome this is what I was looking for, what boat do you have?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Awesome this is what I was looking for, what boat do you have?
It's 17' center console with a 70 Yamaha I built myself with Meranti marine ply, epoxy and glass.

I don't have max tow but I do have the 3.73's, this is how it sits with 16/58 springs.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts