Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a few questions that im hoping someone can help me out with... i have a 2004 wrangler X 4.0 5speed and i just did the clutch. everything went well and now i need to find out what fluid it take and how much of it... i dont know wich trans i have, and i read about all the different fluids it can take... can anyone help? i also have the VIN if that helps...

another question... after i did my clutch the pedal feels super super soft... and it still lets out kind of high... is that normal? or is there a way to adjust it to let up off the floor? thanks for any help... ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i found out my tranny is a NV3550 which requires a synchromesh compatible fluid... ;) now can anyone help with the clutch pedal thing???

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no... i didnt know that i had to do that...??? where is the bleeder? and how do i do that? lol... im used to cable clutches! sorry...

·
Registered
109 Posts
The slave cylinder is on the driver side of the tranny just behind the bell housing if you know how to bleed brakes then you can do this.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,621 Posts
Your clutch is hydraulic and has no adjustment. Yes your transmission is the NV3550 and my lubricant recommendation would be Redline MTL, Amsoil Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid 5W-30, or Royal Purple Synchromax. All of those are synthetics.

Synchromesh from GM and Pennzoil are both non-synthetics seems to have more negative reviews & I would avoid it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i def do... i was a mechanic for a few years before i joined the military... just never had to do that with a clutch... im going to have to check that out... i never even thought of that...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you guy... i know there isnt an adj... but can it be bled? im trying to find some info on it now... and it looks like it cant be? but the reason im trying to figure this out is becasue like i said, it feels like there is no pedal at all... its that soft. it feels like the old clutch with no chatter... lol. except before it was alot harder to press the pedal in... and my throw out bearing was def shot... so i assume thats why such a difference in the pedal???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts