Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am wiring up my LED fogs (aux lights) and trying to figure out if I need to wire the "acc" option on the switch. I thought I could wire the negative and the positive and be good. Basically, the negative on the switch would go back to the battery negative and the positive on the switch (labeled power)would go to the relay.

am I missing something here??

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey guys, I am wiring up my LED fogs (aux lights) and trying to figure out if I need to wire the "acc" option on the switch. I thought I could wire the negative and the positive and be good. Basically, the negative on the switch would go back to the battery negative and the positive on the switch (labeled power)would go to the relay. am I missing something here??
The way you describe it you don't really need a relay. An in-line fuse close to the + terminal on the battery would be fine. Negative from the lights to a ground, such as the battery. Negative from the switch to a ground also. Positive from the lights to the switch acc. Power (+) on the switch to the battery. Fuse close to the battery.

The relay would be handy if you needed them to trigger somehow, like if you wanted the aux lights off when the high beams came on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts