Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys trying to figure out how to wire a 5 pin switch with no schematic... I picked up 3 Illuminated Push Button Switches with green led's and would like to know how to wire them with the green led light only when the button is pushed. Here are a couple pics!

Type: latching
Push button: push it - ON, release - ON, push it again - OFF
5 pins: +, -, NO1, NC1, C1
+: postive terminal
-: negative terminal
NO1: normally open
NC1: normally closed
C1: common

:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I can't see the pictures for some reason, but this definitely sounds like a Plasmaglow switch. The first time I bought one of these it was from a computer supply site. I figured since the Plasma site was selling them for $20 more than this was a total score! But to my dismay the wires came unattached to the switch :( I tried every combination in vain til I finally overloaded the switch and popped it. Then broke down and bought from Plasma, they came all pre-wired.

You have to give me a few minutes to take the dash apart, mine are located under the power window switch. But I know that there is a jumper wire that joins two of the terminals. The Plasma switches have the same letter markings on the back. So I will get a picture for you ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok, the drawing is the best way to see what is going on. Not sure what the colors of wires were that they included with the switch, but I labeled them with what I have. The picture of the switch (sadly) was the best one I could get. When I added light to the picture you couldn't see the tiny marking on the switch. The ground wire I attached inside the cab, that's what allows the LED to light up. Once I ran the wires inside the cab I used alligator clips to confirm the correct wires to attach to the switch. Instead of the annoyance of crimping them together to only find out it is wrong and having to do it over.

0129140634.jpg

0129140611.jpg

0129140626.jpg

0129140626a.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
That was really nice of you! :) I like that spot for those switches.
Thanks :) We're all part of a family here, or at least think so. Found plenty of answers on here that kept me away from the stealership countless times! The first time I had switches there I only had three, and drilled it in place. Then I bought the half dash -found out how to remove from WF- and used a dremel tool to cut two tabs off on each side of the bolt, and then the five switches would fit. I didn't like the idea of having the doors off and Jeep parked and some kid coming by turning on all my lights, if I had the switches on the A-pillar. Plus it's a little different, and that's never a bad thing ;)

·
Registered
502 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts