Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, I own a 1990 Jeep YJ, 2.5L 4cyl. Over the last week or so my Jeep has become more and more resistant to start. When you first try to turn it on, to the first click, all the lights and radio light up, but when you actually try to turn it on, nothing as of today. A few days ago it sounded like it was having trouble getting the power it needed to start, but you could also hear that it wanted to. The starter is about 3years old now. We thought it was the battery and replaced it just yesterday but no luck. It wouldn’t jump start either. Today we put the multimeter to the batter as we tried to start it and it read a little over 12. We’re trying to figure it out but just can’t! Anything would help! Thank you!

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
You are going to have to dig a bit further

First thing I would start with is a thorough inspection of the battery cables, then I would work my way to the various sensors.

You can find a factory service manual in my signature ✚ that will help with diagnostics

·
Retired Moderator
104,240 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts