Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Jeep no trouble starting it when cold,but run a mile or two down the road, and my Jeep is no longer happy. You come to a stop and it dies,crank it for a few minutes nothing. Put the gas pedal to the floor and after about 30 seconds of cranking it starts, BUT, it seems to fire on only a couple of cylinders, hold your foot on the floor and it starts to rev fine, put it in gear and it dies. Let it sit for 10 or 20 minutes and it fine, for a couple of miles. I was thinking fuel pump but why only after driving does it start to act up

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
it could also have something to do with the IAC valve on the throttle body, It may not be adjusting properly once the engine warms up some.
I would clean the throttle body and all sensors connected and see if that makes a difference.
clean it all out with carb/throttle body cleaner, then do a heavy seafoam treatment

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all. I will check all the things mentioned and if that doesn't work I will install a For Sale sign, but you can only test drive it around the block

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
You might also check the throttle position sensor and sensor circuit. If this problem exists after warmup, then I'm thinking circuit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts